Most of us don’t like the hair and fur that our pets leave behind. How can you wash clothes and blankets that have pet hair on them without damaging your washing machine? You can remove as much hair from clothes as possible using a lint roll or tape. Dry on a low heat setting. This can be enough to remove hair and prevent clogs. You can learn more ways to remove pet hairs from your laundry so that you do not suffer any consequences.
These are some tips and tricks to get pet hair out of the laundry
The water-soaked pet hair quickly forms clumps which can stick to the drum. Some of these clumps can stick to the drain pump, creating a problem with drainage and clogging. These problems can be avoided with some simple tricks and tips to remove pet hair safely and effectively from your laundry.
1) Wash your hair with your hands before washing.
It is important to get as much pet hair as possible out of laundry before washing. You can do this quickly using a lint brush or scotch tape. An effective way to get rid of pet hairs in the laundry is to use a dampened rubber glove.
2) Put your clothes through the tumble dryer first
Make sure you clean out your tumble dryer lint trap and scrub the drum to get rid of any hairs that have accumulated after the cycle is over. Before washing, give your clothing and bedding a thorough shake to remove any hairs that may remain.
3) Regularly Cleanse Your Washing machine And Tumble dryer
Are you looking for a way to remove dog hair from your washing machine? You can keep pet hair from growing by cleaning out your tumble dryer and washing machine every month.
These are the steps you need to do a deep clean of your washing machine and tumble dryer each month:
- You can leave the washing machine door open for up to 24 hours. This will allow it to air out completely.
- Vacuum the tumble dryer drum and washing machine tub with a narrow vacuum attachment.
- To remove any lingering hairs, clean the tub and drum.
- Run a tub cleaning cycle: If your washing machine is equipped with one, use it to remove any unseen hairs. This setting is not available in all washing machines. Instead, add 2 cups of white vinegar, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and 2 cups of hot water, and then run a regular wash cycle.
4) Use white vinegar in the wash cycle
You can loosen pet hair by adding certain items to your wash cycle. What causes pet hair to be washed in the washing machine?
- Fabric softener is a chemical that loosens fibres to make them feel softer and removes pet hairs.
- White vinegar: This household ingredient is a natural softener and can also be used to loosen hair from pets.
- Pet hair washing machine balls are made of soft, mildly-sticky material. These balls pull pet hair out of the laundry. The hair can then easily be removed from the washing-machine ball to ensure it doesn’t clog the washing machine.
5) Before drying, add tumble dryer sheets
To dry any wet items before drying, you can add one or two tumble dryer sheets to your tumble dryer. The sheets’ anti-static qualities will draw any lingering hairs from the fabric during drying and pull them away. You can also use slotted sheets to cover any pet odours.